Bladders are hydropneumatic accumulators with a flexible bladder as a separation element between compressible gas cushion and operating fluid.
HYDAC bladder accumulators consist of a welded or forged pressure vessel, the accumulator bladder and the fittings for the gas- and medium-side connection.
In addition to the standard design, special designs for particular applications are possible, for example for very high discharge speeds and high pressures.
Essential parameters are:
- Nominal volume: 0.5 … 450 l,
- Permissible operating pressure: up to 1,000 bar,
- Materials for the elastomer: NBR, ECO, IIR, FKM (FPM),
- Accumulator shell materials: carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium, composite materials.
HYDAC bladder accumulators have the following advantages:
- High discharge speeds,
- No pressure difference between fluid side and gas side,
- Compact, low-maintenance,
- High charging and discharging frequencies.